[ANN] pylint-0.1.2

Alexandre Fayolle alf at fayauffre.org
Wed Jun 18 13:45:11 EDT 2003

Bernhard Herzog a écrit :

> The feature I would like to see most in such a tool would be that it
> doesn't try to execute the code it's checking. Just like pychecker,
> pylint imports the modules it checks, unfortunately, even though it does
> seem to be using some kind of parser for python code from
> logilab.common. I haven't investigated it in more detail, though.

Yes, pylint imports your modules.

> Two things I noticed:
>
>  - You may want to indicate that it requires Python 2.2 (the default
>    python version on my system was 2.1 which gave an error because the
>    tokenize module doesn't have the generate_tokens function in 2.1)

Thanks for the notice. We'll try to fix it, or update the dependencies
if we're not able to get around that.

>  - It incorrectly says that "C" is not a valid class name in the
>    following class statement:
>
>    class C:
>        pass

This is part of the coding standard checking part in pylint. In our
mind, having one letter identifiers is not a good thing, and therefore
pylint generates a warning when it meets one.

This behaviour can be customized though.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).