Newbie Surprises (was:Re: Whre is my object ??)

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Wed Jun 4 16:35:46 EDT 2003

Steven Taschuk writes:

> If you don't, please ask -- in the newsgroup, if you please, not
> in private email -- and one or more of us will probably explain
> it.  We're good that way.

> No, Python is not full of surprises, unless you come to it with a
> batch of strange ideas.

I'm new to Python, and have been lurking on this list for a while. I just
wanted to take the opportunity to say that yes, Python is most definitely
full of surprises. A typical session of mine will be to edit a script,
think that what I did just couldn't work the way I wrote it ("it can't be
this easy, but I'll try it..."), and run it for the purpose of seeing what
the error message is. But then it just works, exactly the way I wanted it
to! Python is structured similarly to my brainwaves or something.

I've been wanting to find an excuse to announce my presence here by asking a
useful question. However, all my questions have either been previously
asked and adequately answered by the good people here, or answerable by
myself by just playing around with Python interactively.

I find Python (and the Python community) quite refreshing. Thanks to
everyone on this list for your willingness to help us newbies - you are
doing a great service.

--
Paul McNett