pickle vs cPickle: error is not raised at unpickle / windows vs linux (!) (repost)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 9 13:41:35 EDT 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Irmen de Jong]
>
>>Yes, well, then please tell me why it's not best to first ask around
>>and see if anybody else has seen the same problem or even knows a
>>solution, before submitting an unfounded bug report in sourceforge?
>

> That's fine.  At the point I noticed your thread and replied, it was at
> least the third msg from you, with no responses from anyone else.  At that
> point, "first ask around" stopped being relevant two messages earlier
> <wink>.

Perhaps you're right, but I might also have a bit more patience to wait
for replies than you have ;-)

>>Which *will* take time and resources of those involved to look at it.
>

> So does posting to c.l.py, of course.

True, however the readers of the newsgroup can happily skip all
messages they don't find interesting. I hope the same doesn't happen
with the bug reports on SF!

Speaking of which, I've added my two bug reports concerning cPickle.

--Irmen