Some pythonic advice needed

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandora.be
Sun Jun 1 09:01:24 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've made a wxPython app for my daughter to help her train Latin vocabulary.
I used the PriorityQueue recipe from the Python cookbook
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/68435)
to store the questions. Each question is a dictionary containing the
latin word, the dutch word and some other data like the current score
for that word.
Each time she answers a question she can gain a maximum of 3 points. For
each wrong answer the score goes down. This way the words she trains get
ordered by best known at the end.
This works perfect except for one thing. For some words there is more
than one translation possible. If she answers one that is not expected
the score goes down, which it shouldn't.
Therefor I would need the ability to lookup in the list of questions if
she answered corectly.
What would be the most Pythonic way to handle this problem. I was
thinking of putting everything in a relational database but I haven't
any experience in that domain.

Thanks in advance,

Rudy