Python executables?

W Isaac Carroll icarroll at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 23:42:03 EDT 2003

Aurélien Géron wrote:
> I don't see small footprint and fast execution speed as antagonist at all,
> quite the contrary.  In fact, assembly code produces the fastest and
> smallest programs.

When choosing between programming languages there is little correlation
between size of code and speed of execution. However, within a given
language size and speed are usually opposing considerations. For
example, to speed up a loop you often unroll it thus decreasing
execution time at the expense of increasing code size.

TTFN