Windows Program?

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:17:44 EDT 2003

"David B." <david24 at iland.net> wrote in message news:<vf1roa984ou832 at corp.supernews.com>...
> Hello. I'm new to python and I was wondering... can you make windows-like
> programs? (Like with the gray background and the input boxes?)

Unfortunately, Python does not come with a facility that can build
GUIs as easily as Visual Basic. It is possible, however, to build GUIs
for python, with a bit of patience. A selection of modules is
available at:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Python/Modules/GUI/

Quite a good one is wxPython, which has "native look and feel":
http://www.wxpython.org/
If you want to use it, you'll also need wxWindows, available at
www.wxwindows.org
It's all free.