Is python good for making database work short?

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Thu Jun 19 00:51:15 EDT 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters writes:

> |FoxPro shines at manipulating data.  There is no finer tool for that
> |purpose.
>
> Well... there *is* a finer tool:  Clipper :-).  But those are pretty
> close, both being xBase dialects.  However, Clipper besides having a
> moderately better syntax, also has a multi-platform Free Software
> implementation called Harbour.
>
> That said, I still like Python better.  It may not be *quite* as agile
> at manipulating relational tables, but for most everything else it's a
> bit better.

I think I agree. I'm still stumbling with Python, but haven't hit a
showstopper yet. *And* I'm very pleasantly surprised at the ease of using
the DB API and with the execution speed of PyQt. Not to mention the
learning resources, and the community in general.

With Python, I feel like a free man again!

--
Paul McNett