"Newbie" questions - "unique" sorting ?

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:23:24 EDT 2003

| Perhaps I did something wrong ? Does anyone here know how
| to make things work ? This is what I got in a DOS window in '98 :

| C:\Python>python word_list.py word_source.txt >word_target.txt

John ...

The version you have should run without any command-line arguments
but requires that the input file be named word_source.txt ...

    python word_list.py

The file names are hard-coded in the program
and would require editing these lines to change
the file names ...

    path_in   = 'word_source.txt'
    path_dups = 'word_dups.txt'
    path_out  = 'word_target.txt'

I've up-loaded a second version that does require arguments
for path_in and path_out but leaves the temporary dups file
named as word_dups.txt ...

    python word_list.py somefile_In.txt somefile_Out.txt

    You can use any file names and
    you don't need the  ">"  redirection character ...

The only changes in the program are in the lines posted above
which now read ...

    path_in   = sys.argv[ 1 ]
    path_dups = 'word_dups.txt'
    path_out  = sys.argv[ 2 ]

If you change these two lines,
there is no reason to download again ...

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being