python/curator crashing on smb mounts

Thomas I immel6 at attbi.com
Fri Jun 6 00:44:50 EDT 2003

Hello c.l.p

 I have the following issue with python. I use curator
(http://curator.sourceforge.net) to organize digital
photos. It requires imagemagick, and works great on my
slackware 9.0 box. It makes thumbnails and html pages for each
image. Super.

  On a smbmount-ed directory on my NT machine, it crashes. It makes
all the thumbnails, but then it tries to monkey around the directories
to find other jpegs to make thumbnails of. It crashes with this error.
(the 'generating thumbnail' line is just to show it was working)

thumbnail absent 'DCP_0128--thumb.jpg'
generating thumbnail 'DCP_0128--thumb.jpg'
====> executing global rc file
==> directory index generation
generating dirindex dirindex.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/curator", line 2721, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/curator", line 2669, in main
    rootdir.visit(walkDirsForIndex)
  File "/usr/local/bin/curator", line 756, in visit
    functor(self)
  File "/usr/local/bin/curator", line 2668, in walkDirsForIndex
    os.symlink(rel(dir._pagefn, dir._path), lnfn)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

Why is the operation not permitted, just because the directory is in
an smbmounted drive? This does not look like an error in the curator code
because it works just fine on the same files transfered to a directory
local to the linux machine.

Thanks in advance for any insight/ideas here...

Thomas