Efficient data flow between orthogonal C extensions?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Jun 5 17:35:42 EDT 2003

In article <6qbrxck7e9.fsf at salmakis.intevation.de>, Bernhard Herzog wrote:

>mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no (Magnus Lie Hetland) writes:
>
>> Somewhat similar to the approach in the standard docs, then, except
>> that you don't #include the .h-file of each extension...? (I'll look
>> into the source.)
>
>pstokenize #includes filter.h which contains a declaration of the struct
>type and various function pointer types.

That sounds OK. I don't mind having one .h file defining the general
protocol to be used, as long as the extensions don't need to know
about each other, and the framework doesn't have to know of the
various extensions at compile time.

[snip]

Thanks for the rest of your tips.

- M

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson