Porridge 0.0

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Fri Jun 6 13:46:03 EDT 2003

In article <3edfbb60$1 at nntp0.pdx.net>, Scott David Daniels wrote:
[snip]
>Can anyone design a single expresion type that includes all of
>these (comefrom, side-effect assign, sort-expression, and
>conditional-expression into a single operator that will be
>Porridge's killer-app?

Not sure if it's applicable, but the detect statement covers all
control structures:

  http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/detect.html

I don't have any complete documentation on it at the moment, but the
partition.py example shows how it works. The original statement had
somewhat different syntax, with separate cleanup-code in a code block
after the labels (strings in the Python version). In my implementation
I have simply put the cleanup code in the same code block as the label
(before the label).

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson