does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Tue Jun 17 11:36:24 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Moshe Zadka wrote:

> Just because translating from sane-speak to accountant-lingo is
> non-trivial does not mean source code is not a liability]

Hi Moshe,

Can you clarify what you mean by "source code is always a liability"? I've
read that comment from you many times in this thread and either I'm not
"getting it" or it just doesn't make much sense. If I understand you
correctly, then with that line of thinking you could just as easily argue

"employees are always a liability"
"office space is always a liability"
"computers are always a liability"

(and in that sense it is so non-revelatory that it's not worth repeating,
so hopefully I'm simply misunderstanding you)

Note, for the record, that I _don't_ consider source code to be some
priceless asset, and I think everyone realizes that having less code to
maintain is a Good Thing.

Thanks,
Dave