PIL + bump map

Nagy László Zsolt nagylzs at freemail.hu
Tue Jun 3 10:27:29 EDT 2003

I'm a newbie to Python Imaging Library. I searched for something like
Bump Map in Gimp but I could not find a solution.
It would be the best to have the same filter in PIL but I can live with
something similar that gives me 'elevation' feeling on
a smooth gradient image. My task is to split several 6000x4800 pixel
image into many smaller regions and apply differents
effects on them. So I cannot use Gimp because there are thousands of
images. Please give me a point to start with.
Many thanks.

   Laci 1.0