xmlrpc ssl (slightly embarrassing, long post)

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:21:03 EDT 2003

Rune Hansen wrote:

> I'm trying to use https in communication with a xmlrpc server.
> Both server and client should preferably be build with python.

Here is the core of the problem. As I understand it, the standard python
distribution doesn't support secure sockets on the server side, on any platform.

So you have two options

1. Use a library that is capable of secure server sockets, like M2Crypto.

2. Use stunnel* to encrypt the comms between your ssl-unaware clients and
servers.

* http://www.stunnel.org/

HTH,

--