Yield inside try...finally

Michael Sparks michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 05:23:45 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote :
> Note the wink:

I did :)

> Sounds about right, for a fairly broad definition of "state machine",
> but that will do for a start.

I've implemented what Twisted calls "deferreds" for Perl's POE in the past,
which is why I view it that way. It might be a misconception though.

> [ ... and other good points regarding Twisted, and pointer at Flow
>   and a pointer at a recent relevant thread "Help with coroutine-based
>    state machines" ]

Thanks for the pointers - I'll take a look. I've been working on this
approach for a few months now and so far it seems to be nicely panning
out. (If I could talk about details I would!)

Regards,

Michael.
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development
Kingswood Warren, Surrey KT20 6NP

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.