ftplib help

Driver, David DDriver at covercraft.com
Mon Jun 16 14:21:25 EDT 2003

I need to FTP to a site on a non standard port. so I break out with the
Global Module Index and look at the example in ftplib. It doesn't specify a
port option so I just include it with the host parameter. All looks well
until I execute the line and I get the following:

>>> from ftplib import FTP
>>> uid = 'myUserId'
>>> pwd = 'myPassword'
>>> srvr = '10.1.1.100:2109'
>>> f = FTP(srvr,uid,pwd)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#7>", line 1, in ?
    f = FTP(srvr,uid,pwd)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\ftplib.py", line 107, in __init__
    self.connect(host)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\ftplib.py", line 117, in connect
    for res in socket.getaddrinfo(self.host, self.port, 0,
socket.SOCK_STREAM):
gaierror: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use a lower level protocol
interface? Any help is appreciated.