Python get's a mention on University Challenge

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 17:04:22 EDT 2003

On Monday 02 June 2003 8:55 pm, John Ochiltree wrote:
> Irmen de Jong wrote:
> > John Ochiltree wrote:
> >> Hi all, thought you may like to know that the UK TV programme
> >> 'University Challenge' of 2nd June has just had 'The Python
> >> Programming Language' as the answer to a question in a round about
> >> programming languages (the other languages were Pascal and Eiffel).
> >
> > What was the question?
> >
> > --Irmen
>
> "What object oriented scripting language was created by Guido Van Rossum
> at Stichting Mathematisch Centrum?" I think that's right, or more or less.

There was another bit that was something like "that has a connection with a
popular 1970s BBC comedy show".

It should also be pointed out that the team of clergymen/women who were
answering the questions got Pascal and Eiffel correct but didn't get Python.
Maybe prayer should be added as a transport to Twisted?

Phil