Exception - how to ignore it ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 3 15:57:24 EDT 2003

"Helmut Jarausch" <jarausch at skynet.be> wrote in message
news:3EDCA806.6060701 at skynet.be...
> Say an exception is raised at many places and I don't want
> to change the code. One more example would be a signal from
> hardware floating underflow.

Perhaps you are looking for an interrupt handler rather than a
(Python) exception handler.  (When interrupt handlers resume,
execution continues with the next instruction.)  Such are hardware
specific and best written in assembler or machine-specific C.  Whether
you could write an interrupt handler that usefully interacts with a
running Python program via the Python-C API is beyond  my knowledge.

Terry J. Reedy