pythonCOM with Flash

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jun 13 06:25:33 EDT 2003

Bradley Schatz wrote:

> Makpy finds two typelibraries for Shockwave Flash 1.0 If I look at them
> using the MS COM Object viewer, I see that one of them points to an .ocx and
> the other points to a .oca

I'm not familiar with .oca files.

I'm uninterested in flash :)  I use Mozilla as my day-to-day browser for
a number of reasons, and am happy that I actually need to go out of my
way to enable flash support there.

But I did have a fiddle, and it all seems to work OK

> I have modified the webbrowser.py example to use flash - the source is
> below.
>
> When I use the IID that points to the ocx (begins with D27) I get the
> following trace from within pythonwin:

> com_error: (-2147319779, 'Library not registered.', None, None)

I just removed that line :)

> #FlashModule =
> gencache.EnsureModule("{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}", 0, 1, 0)
> FlashModule =
> gencache.EnsureModule("{E69E19FB-B24A-4AA2-9E1A-3C6E59F587FC}", 0, 1, 0)

Deleting that second line, and uncommenting that assignment works for
me.  I get an AtributeError for Navigate, but examinining the generated
.py file shows no such method.  I see state event change calls.  You are
going to need to be willing to experiment :)

Mark.