XML

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Fri Jun 27 05:13:18 EDT 2003

paul at boddie.net (Paul Boddie) wrote in message news:<23891c90.0306250145.20223c70 at posting.google.com>...

[libxml2]

> Yes, it's very tempting to write a PyXML-style DOM API for it. Then we
> can use XPath (whether it be from PyXML or 4Suite) on our documents
> without having to port our source code just because some underlying
> implementation detail has changed.

Minor correction on my part, here: since libxml2 provides an XPath
implementation, the use of the PyXML/4Suite XPath implementations on
top of a libxml2 DOM layer wouldn't be strictly necessary, but it
might be nice to harmonise the APIs so that XPath contexts and queries
are accessed in the same way for all available implementations. Having
tried libxml2 and libxslt out recently, I certainly agree that they
seem very fast in comparison to other XML processing libraries.

Paul