Any solutions for serving methods with SOAP + WSDL?

nntp nntp at sigma360.org
Tue Jun 3 19:28:39 EDT 2003

I have a project where I would like to expose some methods to other
processes, machines, etc VIA SOAP. I've tried several of the more popular
solutions (SOAPpy and ZSI). They work fine Python to Python, but, as much
as I hate to say it, I'd need Visual Studio .NET to be able to pickup and
call these methods, which requires the SOAP server to publish WSDL
information.

I've been searching the web and newsgroups for a few days trying to find a
SOAP server object that will produce WSDL. I've seen a number of
messages/pages that hint that it can either be done with this package or
that package, or that it's coming soon / being worked on. So far, I haven't
any luck.

Does such a thing exist for Python? Is it in the works? What projects either
do this or are working towards this? I've even considered starting to
modify SOAPpy or ZSI to do this, but I figure it's either very difficult,
or some other problem is preventing someone more knowledgable than I form
having already done this.

I'd prefer to use Python for this project. But, if Python just isn't there
yet, then are there any Open Source projects/languages that are known to
talk to VS .NET? (I assume Java can, but, I'm not too excited about using
Java for this project).