reading/writing files in windows

sameer sameer_ at email.com
Wed Jun 11 09:08:31 EDT 2003

thank you Peter for your ahem.... help.  The function I pasted is part
of a larger system so in this context it might have seemed confusing.
I considered changing the name of the function to "n" but I do have a
"laborious" naming convention which explicitly says what the function
does.  Generally, I have had a lot of good help in the python
newsgroup and those answers are usually good and go straight to the
point.  I prefer the answer or no answer approach, rather than someone
who can go on and on about not having patience and lobriousness of my
naming convention.  Do you really think you're being helpful?  Not in
the least bit.  I would much prefer someone who would give me a
straight answer or none at all if he doesn't understand my question.
Please learn to answer the question, and not drag on and on about
having no patience and your inability to understand, ad nauseam.
You're not a least bit helpful, and I don't need a reply to this,
please!