Syntax trees and s-exprs

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:30:35 EDT 2003

I was programming in Visual Basic just a few moments ago, thinking about
YAML and wondering if it would be a good idea to use it to serialise Excel
worksheets, then a thought popped in to my head about Python. I remembered
reading about how people thought that the syntax tree generated by python
was rather ugly, and that someone had proposed implementing s-expressions
in python. Does anyone see any merit in python being able to parse modules
to clean s-expressions, so that it could be understood by Lisp? That would
allow for cross-compilation to other languages, or the ability to
enhance Lisp with python library code.

Just an idea.