newbie: good reasons for learning Python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Jun 20 17:47:01 EDT 2003

somaBoyMX wrote:

> I've been checking out some Python tutorials on the web, it looks cool
> enough. I'm already fairly good at JavaScript, ActionScript and PHP and now
> I'd like to tackle Python. However, I still need to be convinced before I
> decide to dedicate my precious free time to this. So I'd like to hear some
> convincing arguments for Python.

Could you spare some of your precious free time to tell us what you
want to do with Python?

If we don't know your goals, how could we advise you convincingly?

Another approach which might take you less time: download Python, install,
run through the tutorial, then if you haven't already decided you'd
like to find more uses for Python, go back to the others...

-Peter