Python 2.2.3 test_re.py fails with coredump on FreeBSD 5.0, fails also on FreeBSD4.8

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat Jun 21 21:21:29 EDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Jun 2003, PieterB wrote:

> I had a little look at testing Python 2.2.3 under FreeBSD and
> 5.0. When I use './configure ; make ; make test' Lib/test/test_re.py
> gives a Signal 10 (coredump) on FreeBSD5.

{...}

> On FreeBSD 4.8 this test also fails, but doesn't core dump:

It coredumps on 4.8 for me...

> Can anybody, give me a clue:
> a) if this is caused by a FreeBSD5.0 issue, or by Python.
>    Can somebody test this on FreeBSD 5.1 or FreeBSD5-CVS?
> b) how can I fix the coredump on FreeBSD 5.0?
> c) what should be done to fix the test on FreeBSD 4.8?

Take Martin's advice.  If you want to know more, review SF #740234.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia