Changing python process name (or argv[0])

sismex01 at hebmex.com sismex01 at hebmex.com
Thu Jun 5 10:31:00 EDT 2003

The best possible way to convince Guido of including this
feature is not through rationalization, but via a patch
which implements the desired behaviour.

Implement your patch against the current CVS version of python,
make it "correct" in that it does the "right thing" depending
on the platform being compiled on, even disabling the feature
when it's not available.

Create a builtin function in module "os" or "sys" which
uses this new functionality --if available--, and raises
an exception if not.

Then, write one --or several-- use cases for this new feature;
and then, only then, post a message to python-dev, showing
that you've already done all the homework.  That they (python
core developers) don't have to do the work of researching
and implementing this feature might make all the difference.

Good luck.

-gca

--
Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la