Spread in a 24x7 environment ?

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at verizonwireless.com
Mon Jun 2 11:39:26 EDT 2003

[P&M]

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, j vickroy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are evaluating Spread for use in a 24x7 environment; we anticipate
> ~500 continuously running publisher/subscriber components with ~ 50
> group subscriptions per (publisher/subscriber) component.
>
> Is anyone using Spread in a 24x7 environment?  If so, what are your
> experiences with it -- especially servicing ~500 components?

I've had a spread daemon running on RedHat 6.2. The OS has been
up for 442 days now. The spread daemon has been up for something
a bit less than that, but at least a year.

The "component" count is, however, far below your requirements; I
cannot speak to Spread's capabilities at that level.

At the level we use it, we've had no problems whatsoever.

> Thanks for your time.

Sure.

--
Bill.Scherer at Verizon Wireless