ANNOUNCE: JOTWeb 1.11, preview of new web application system.

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 22 03:00:45 EDT 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:59:09 -0600, Sean Reifschneider
<jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1056258041.5179.python-list at python.org>:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:44:19PM -0700, Sheila King wrote:
> >There are a lot of Python web frameworks to choose from and I spent about a
> >week reviewing possible contenders. May have been others that would have
> >done well for my case, but I am very happy with the choice I made for
> >Albatross. Session management is a snap. :)
>
> Obviously, you didn't have an opportunity to review JOTWeb because it
> didn't exist 5 weeks ago...

Too true.

>I do agree that separating the presentation
> and the logic is a big win.  Session management is an important thing,
> that's why Sessions and Forms are the first two things that I built for
> the JOTWeb library.  First was forms and good validation, because
> sessions are generally created and managed using forms.  ;-)
>
> I'm quite happy with how they turned out...  The Python code for
> implementing Sessions in JOTWeb, including signing up, logging in, and
> logging out can be done in 5 lines of Python.

I took a quick look at your code and docs, and it looks like your framework
would be especially handy for anyone already familiar with the TAL type of
markup/templates. I have played around with RoundUp a bit, and had my head
wrapped around that stuff some time back. Would have to revisit it again to
get back up to speed (and plan to...as I would like to work with RoundUp
some more...if I ever find the time).

Congratulations on your work. Satisfaction with one's work, is ultimately,
the best thing to aim for.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/