boost python

DB_RobertP member31018 at dbforums.com
Fri Jun 13 19:15:15 EDT 2003

Hello,
I'm hoping there are some boost heads here. I am looking for a good glue
code system for python. I've looked over some over the past couple of
days, and I'm thinking boost may be a good choice to learn more about.

I'm going to be porting python to a platform that will not support
dynamic linking of python modules. Will boost be something that needs to
be ported also? omg, if it is then it's out of the question. I don't
have the time. Otherwise the boost.python lib will need to be compiled
into my python core?

I'm kind of fuzzy about how boost works, so if anyone can correct me...
bjam will compile my code into some object files, optionally a lib, dll,
etc...  Could I possibly link the lib file (assuming it can export a
lib) into the python core? The boost.python code then interprets the
bjamed code at runtime? bah

I haven't been able to compile bjam because of my screwy system, so
until I get it straightened out, does someone know of where I can be a
pre-built exe?

Well, hopefully this makes sense enough to straighten out if anyone
cares to :D Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert