Jython anyone?

Shaun Press Shaun.Press at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 11 22:09:22 EDT 2003

anthony wrote:
> Does anyone have strong feelings one way or another regarding Jython?
> I just started playing around with it, but the limited online
> discussions and the sort have me wondering if it's worthwhile.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Anthony

It's pretty good, especially if you are trying to use Python on an area
where Java is heavily used.
I've mainly used it to do things with GUI's as I've found Tkinter
doesn't do the things I want, and lacks any sort of printing support. I
usually use javax.swing instead of tkinter.
The only problem I've had is in the area of single inheritence rules
from java. If I'm inheriting one class and implementing another, Jython
complains if I include both clases in a staemet like
def class(inherit_class,implement_class) even though this is valid under
Java.