Jython and Java 3D - Has it been done?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Jun 6 11:52:24 EDT 2003

I had written -

 >Early in my exploration of Python, (which was early in the life of
 >Java3d), I did enough experimentation to find that it is realistic to
 >access its functionality through Jython with what, for my purposes, was
 >decent performance.

A bit OT, but thought I'd mention that I had also done a fairly complete
port of the javax 3d math library underlying Java3d to CPython and
Numeric, which I then used when working with PyOpenGL. It was done
largely as a learning exercise for myself - as to Python, Numeric and 3d
math.  But since it was largely compatible with the well documented
javax library, I thought it might have some general purpose usefulness
in connection with PyOpenGL - that is in providing a 3d math library
which could be considered as documented by reference to the javax 3d
documentation as some kind of "standard" for 3d math.

Something I think I could still dig up if anyone was interested in a
look see.

Art