[ANNOUNCE] PyKota v1.08 is out

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 14 17:50:50 EDT 2003

"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:87isr8g0jc.fsf at pobox.com...
> Jerome Alet <alet at unice.fr> writes:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce that PyKota v1.08 is out.
>
> Why do people announce to c.l.py, instead of c.l.py.announce?

As I see it, announcements go to both groups, discussion of
annoucement should be limited to clp.  (I think clpa is moderated,
sometimes slowly.)

> I'm not complaining -- it's just that, I guess, people who want to
> read announcements, go to the announcements group.  :-)

I see it as and believe it was meant to be a subset group, not a
disjoint set group.  Almost everyone reading clp will want to see
announcements anyway.

Terry