Licenses

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Fri Jun 13 02:34:47 EDT 2003

On 12 Jun 2003 22:20:03 -0700, Rob Renaud wrote:
>  Ben Finney <bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au> wrote in message news:<slrnbeiemu.js2.bignose-hates-spam at iris.polar.local>...
> > You want to have freedom, but you don't want your users to have
> > freedom?  I find it hard to sympathise with that position.
>
> I can't stand people who try to protect their ability to make money
> from their programs either.

So far in this thread, you're the only one to be mentioning the ability,
or lack thereof, to make money.  The question was about copyright
licensing of source code; money-making seems to be an irrelevant issue
in that context.

--
 \      "We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't |
  `\        scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what |