sourceforge problems

Behrang Dadsetan ben at dadsetan.com
Fri Jun 20 10:57:03 EDT 2003

About sourceforge and their CVS access..

I have been having serious problems doing my first "python" checkout.
I do not know much about CVS but would it not be possible to make a
"nightly CVS" build in parallel to the "nightly binary" builds, so that
first time "downloaders" can download one tar ball and then just update
with CVS instead of downloading every file for hours on sourceforge? I
just somehow feel CVS is ill fitted mass downloads of thousands of files...

Or do I have someway to add the CVS information to the tar balled source
code available with each release?

I am not sure whether I will be couragous enough to try it very often
anymore (the checkout crashed already three times after hours of
downloading) while I actually already had two-three python bugs I would
have liked to look into and maybe solve...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Ben Dadsetan.