ANNOUNCE: JOTWeb 1.11, preview of new web application system.

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 19 22:44:19 EDT 2003

On 20 Jun 2003 11:11:48 +1000, Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <m3isr1pn6z.fsf at ferret.object-craft.com.au>:

> I firmly believe that for all but the most trivial of applications you
> need to separate the presentation and implementation.  This allows you
> to develop and modify the one aspect of the application mostly without
> breaking the other.  Initially the effort is higher as you trade both
> elements off against the other until an effective interface emerges.
> In the medium to long term though, the separation yields savings.

I just want to throw in my comments here and say that...

I am currently using Albatross to develop a somewhat complex application
which will be used by customers for accessing and managing an account.

I've been working on the project for 5 weeks so far. That includes my time
to "learn Albatross".

The learning is steep initially, but I am at the point where I COMPLETELY
appreciate the separation of the presentation and the implementation that
the Albatross framework uses. This means I can focus on one or the other
separately. Really cool, and once you get used to it, it makes the work go
faster, seems to me.

:)

There are a lot of Python web frameworks to choose from and I spent about a
week reviewing possible contenders. May have been others that would have
done well for my case, but I am very happy with the choice I made for
Albatross. Session management is a snap. :)

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/