Why not BOA GUI builder?

Alan James Salmoni alan_salmoni at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 05:17:42 EDT 2003

I quite like Boa, and used it a lot when I first started programming
in wxPython, just to get an idea of what I was supposed to be doing -
I designed a GUI, and read the code to understand what did what and
where. Once I had a minimal level of knowledge, I went back to a text
editor again.

It's a very good application, though the way it works is slightly
different from other GUI builders such as Delphi/Kylix or VB, but that
doesn't necessarily take away from it.

>From what I understand, it is an alpha version and does crash from
time to time (so if you use it, remember to save your work often), but
then apparently the lead developer is a bit of a perfectionist and his
alphas are equivilent to most peoples beta releases. The best thing is
just to try it out on some small projects to see how you get on and
then judge for yourself if it meets your requirements.

Alan James Salmoni
SalStat Statistics
http://salstat.sunsite.dk