does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.nospam at removeme.free.fr
Mon Jun 16 17:01:42 EDT 2003

Tim Rowe wrote:
(snip)

> So if we're going to have meaningless
> polemic, let me try mine :-)
>
> "The choice between compile time testing and run-time testing is the
> choice between the programmer finding the bugs and the customer
> finding the bugs".

Oh, really ? So I guess that all software from a well-known editor from
Richmond are written in a language that do not have 'compile-time testing' ?

Please be serious. If 'compile time testing' (well, the few tests a
compiler can make) was enough to produce bug-free programs, we would all
be programming in [please insert your favorite statically-type language
name here].

Bruno Desthuilliers