decoding video-/teletext with python

Radovan Garabik garabik-news-2002-02 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Mon Jun 23 11:37:57 EDT 2003

Marcus Stojek <stojek at part-gmbh.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to read and decode the data that come along with the tv-signal
> (videotext or teletext). Are there any python packages or examples
> available ?
>
> The only thing I found is alevt, but that's C and Linux. Couldn't be
> worse for me :-)

I once had similar idea, and even did some programming.
However, it needed some C interface gutted out from alevt
I can give you my sources (it even runs somewhat! :-)) if you want

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |