Recall last result

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 07:03:34 EDT 2003

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> This is indeed true, but note that it is only the case in the
> interactive interpreter.  It is not the case in a general script; it
> wasn't clear which the original poster meant.

I didn't say that it would work in the general case, all I said was "try this".

Original Poster wrote:

> I call a function producing a large solution
> for a combinatorial problem. The computation takes quite some time.
> I forgot to assign the result to a variable.
> The list is displayed on screen?
> History recall does not help me, since that would reproduce my input,
> but I need the output.

The latter statement strongly indicates to me that the OP is running an
interactive shell, which is why I suggested a solution that would work in the
interactive shell.

Just in case he wasn't, then perhaps you can enlighten us on how to solve the
problem in the general case?

--
alan kennedy