Run a linux program through python

Ryan srart at operaxtrashitheremail.com
Fri Jun 20 03:59:10 EDT 2003

A couple of ways, you can just use:
os.system("YOUR OTHER PROGRAM %s"%(AND_ARGUMENTS)
or os.execv(path_to_program, (arguments))#this replaces your program you
started
or os.spawnv(mode, path_to_other_program, args)# mode will probly be
P_NOWAIT or P_WAIT, no_wait if it will work fine no matter how many times
you have it running, wait if you are worried about some kind of collision
(sound same file may be used more than once, sockets, etc)