output

H.S. Art hsart at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 06:27:42 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I have a sript that runs very well. I do my output to the python shell
with the print command. That works well, too.
print 'Error occured ' + str(i+1)

No I want to have my output into a textctrl frame in a window. I start
my script by pushing a button in my window. It starts fine but I can't
see any output. For test purposes I added the following code to the
event  handler of the button:
self.textCtrl1.WriteText('TEST\n')
This produces output to my text ctrl window. So I replaced all 'print'
commands in my script with 'self.textCtrl1.WriteText ...' Unfortunately
it still doesn't work. I don't get any output from my script. I always
get an error saying self is unknown. That's why I replaced it with the
name of the file of the window and so on and so on. Nothing worked. Can
you help me telling me how I have to write my code to get an output?

Thank you very much.
Henry