Strange problem with notebook computer

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 8 20:37:11 EDT 2003

Homer Ellison wrote:
> Is there a possibility that somehow Python or the
> code I'm writing in Python is causing my notebook computer to overheat?
> I can't imagine why this would be, but I can't figure out what else
> might be causing the problem. Any ideas?

This all sounds very unlikely to be Python's fault...
the only thing that I can imagine is that
1) your computer's cooling is broken (bios/fan troubles?), and;
2) the particular python program you're running has
    a loop that eats up 100% cpu time, which causes
    your machine to overheat.

Try using top (linux) or task manager (windows) to find out
if so, and what is eating 100% cpu?

--Irmen