python2.0, _socket module, builtin, compile

wavegroom wavegroom at gmx.net
Mon Jun 2 12:24:06 EDT 2003

hi

First my config:
Athlon 1.8 GHZ
latest gentoo-linux and w2k
python2.2 and python 2.0.1

I have a problem with python 2.0. I use Blender (2.25) wich has a built
in python engine (python2.0).
I tried to import the socket module, but I get the error message module
_socket not found. I added a python 2.0.1 installation for blender, so
that I have all modules.

Its so that blender python doesn't have all builtin modules. On windows
it works because the built in modules are not static linked to
python.exe. On linux the _socket module ins integrated in the python-bin.

How can I compile python 2.0.1 under linux, so that i get the built in
functions as non static modules, so that i can load _socket.so at
runtime. (like in python2.2)

I tried a bit to modify some config files from the source, but nothing
worked :-(

any help would be very welcome :-)))