why 'lambda' and 'reduce'?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Fri Jun 13 14:39:19 EDT 2003

Quoth Manuel Garcia:
  [...]
> I shouldn't feed a troll, but this reply is just too delicious.  The
> author claims the code is unobfuscated, [...]

In fact, I wrote: "while it is obfuscated, it is not very
artistically obfuscated".

> [...] but the nature of how all 5000
> digits are kept accurate are obfuscated from him.

Indeed, perhaps you concealed how the error control works more
cleverly than you concealed how everything else works.

That *I* don't understand the error control, however, is hardly
compelling evidence that it is cleverly obfuscated; rather, it is
evidence that I am ignorant of numerical analysis, as admitted in
my review.

  [...]
--
Steven Taschuk             "The world will end if you get this wrong."
staschuk at telusplanet.net     -- "Typesetting Mathematics -- User's Guide",