Possible project - Python mail proxy to do greylisting, etc.

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Fri Jun 27 13:58:31 EDT 2003

Richie Hindle wrote:
> Spambayes (a Python Bayesian spam filter, see www.spambayes.org) has a
> Python SMTP proxy

Ah, thanks.  I knew it had POP3 and IMAP proxies, but not SMTP.

I was obviously not clear enough when I said "project like this",
though.  Python code to proxy SMTP isn't hard to come by, but I was
talking about a Python proxy that does interesting things with the data
provided by HELO, RCPT TO, and MAIL FROM.

In particular, I'm interested in making it very easy to experiment with
various greylisting, tarpitting, and sender validation configurations.
I could certainly start from Spambayes' code, or just use async, but I'm
also interesting in judging Twisted for myself.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am