Python for Industrial Control

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jun 20 11:43:05 EDT 2003

In article <53a964f4.0306200718.f342995 at posting.google.com>, raymond wrote:

> I would like to hear from anyone who does use USB from Linux to
> control any sort of industrial device. What were your experiences in
> getting it to work?.

I've done a fair bit of "USB stuff" under linux, but none of my
apps know it's "USB stuff": Linux hides the fact that USB is
invovled. The devices all look like normal tty or block devices
(I'm using serial ports and mass storage devices).  If you're
using some other sort of USB device, I would expect that all
you have to do is talk to the device driver using normal system
calls: open, close, read, write, ioct....

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My face is new, my
                                  at               license is expired, and I'm