printing Unicode characters during telnet session

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jun 24 15:52:37 EDT 2003

Pekka Niiranen wrote:

> Python's "print" does not seem to work for all characters :(

maybe you should define "does not seem to work", so we don't
have to guess...

> Do not bother to point me to the existing FAQ and tutorials, because
> they do not provide solutions for this problem (searched whole day
> allready).

do you get "ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)"?

If so, Google returns 641 hits for that error message.  The third hit is
a "Python Unicode Tutorial" which shows you how to use the "encode"
method to turn unicode strings into encoded 8-bit strings, suitable for
printing...

</F>