Excuting scripts question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jun 7 23:33:57 EDT 2003

Ken wrote:

> "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>  Do you have a web server running on it?

> I installed IIS. (I am running Windows 2000 Pro)
> I went into Control Panel/Admin Tools/Internet Information Services/Default
> Web Site and go into properties. In the "Home Directory" tab, I went into
> "Configuration". Clicked "Add", put in the path of python.exe executable
> (C:\Python22\python.exe), extension "cgi" and pressed ok. Is this the right
> way to do it? I am planning to run this Win2000 machine as a web server for
> my cgi scripts that used to reside on a Unix machine. The script files and
> HTML files are saved into the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot directory.

Well, at least you're a step farther than I feared (i.e. not
even having a server running).  Unfortunately, you're basically
asking a Win2K configuration question, and I can't help you
there except to suggest you simplify the problem so that you
don't involve your old scripts *and* the server *and* CGI and
everything else.

What's the simplest thing you can get working that demonstrates
that the server is able to process CGI?

After that it should be a simple matter to modify the settings
to handle Python as well.

-Peter