Static typing

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.nospam at removeme.free.fr
Sun Jul 27 06:56:35 EDT 2003

Michael Muller wrote:
> Well, it appears that I have inadvertantly trolled c.l.p.  I humbly
> apologize.  I really just wanted to know what the status of the issue
> was.

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone took your question as a troll -
well, I didn't anyway.

> FWIW, I do favor the addition of optional static typing for the two
> reasons Scott described - interface documentation and optimization.

Interface documentation may be obtained in others ways (docstring for
exemple). And I'm not sure static typing would optimize anything, but
not being a Python (nor anything else) guru, I would not bet my hand on
this...

my 2 cents...

Bruno