Problem running Flawfinder with Python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 10 21:35:25 EDT 2003

> "Crose, Carol" wrote:
>

> I need to test some lsof source code and have loaded Flawfinder 1.22 to test it.  Flawfinder  required Python 1.5 or better so I loaded Python 2.2.3.  This is all running on an HPUX 11.11 server.
>
> When I run:
> /opt/flawfinder-1.22/flawfinder /usr/local/bin/lsof-4.67
> I get the following error:
> No such file or directory:  python
>
> I am totally new to all these programs.  Can anyone help????

If "flawfinder" is a Python script, check the first line of it
for text that looks something like this:

  #!/usr/bin/env python

or perhaps

  #!/usr/local/bin/python

You either need the python executable installed in the specified
directory or, for the /usr/bin/env version, you need it installed
in a folder that is in the PATH.  "echo $PATH" to see what you have
now.

-Peter